Making complaints count
We're committed to a positive complaints handling culture. Making it simple and easy for you to get your concerns resolved.
Our complaints policy sets out our commitment to you and our teams are on hand to support you throughout the complaints process.
What we promise
- You (or your representative) can tell us about your complaint in a way that is convenient to you (see below).
- We will acknowledge and log your complaint within five working days of receipt.
- Our Customer Service team, will talk to you to try and agree a fair resolution to your complaint within 10 working days (or advise you if they can’t).
- We will regularly communicate and monitor any outstanding actions through to completion.
- A simple two stage process means you’ll have the opportunity to escalate if you are unhappy with our response to your complaint.
- We will advise you if and why we are unable to deal with your matter as a complaint
- Complaints where the issue occurred over six months ago
- Something we have no control over such as Local Authority property allocations
- Complaints that have already been considered under our complaints process
- Insurance claims for damages and/or legal proceedings (associated complaints regarding service failures are not excluded in these cases)
- Matters already being dealt with by the Ombudsman service
Our commitment to complaints
We are committed to a positive complaint handling culture and are members of the Housing Ombudsman Scheme. The scheme enables tenants have complaints about members investigated by a Housing Ombudsman and aims to resolve disputes.
How to make a complaint
If you have a complaint about the standard of our service, actions or lack of action, our staff or those acting on our behalf we will deal with your issue as a formal complaint.
We want to make it as easy as possible, and you can do it in a way that suits you, and we will make any reasonable adjustments to help make things easier.
Contacting the Housing Ombudsman
Your complaint can be referred to the Housing Ombudsman once it has exhausted our two stage complaints process, but further guidance and advice on their services can be found here (https://www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/residents/)
Contact details for the Housing Ombudsman are:
- Online complaint form: www.housing-ombudsman.org.uk/residents/make-a-complaint/
- Phone: 0300 111 3000
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org